Tuesday, April 21, 2009

5 Months Old!

5 Months


My little boy is 5 months old today! I can't believe he's been with us for that long already. At thje dog park with Frank and Nolan this evening, I was talking and singing songs to Nolan. Then, remembering his 5 month milestone, I thought of similar walks that I took just before Nolan was born. Like today, I used to talk to Nolan on my walks when I was pregnant with him. I would tell him how much I loved him and how excited I was to meet him. I would rub my belly as I walked and I'd think about how heavy this little thing inside of me was!! Nolan was feeling heavy today too, I had to adjust my carrier a few times to relieve my back. The difference today was that I had a little boy with me who would make noises along the way. He was looking around and watching all the other dogs playing and running around him. He's still my little baby though...with about 20 minutes left of our walk, he fell asleep and his head started drooping forward. I put my arm around him and held him tight for the rest of our time at the park.

Ryan was feeding Nolan his avacadoes tonight, and he was very impressed with how well he was eating. I guess the last time Ryan tried feeding him avacadoes, Nolan was making faces and hardly opening his mouth at all. See, veggies are growing on him already!!

One of my favorite parts about nursing Nolan at the moment, is when he reaches his hand up and grabs my face. Usually he doesn't grab too hard, but it's so nice to feel his soft little hand on my face. A coworker of mine who has a son in college told me today that one of the things she misses most about her son being little is the physical contact. Yes, she does get to hug him still, but she doesn't get to cuddle like she did when he was a baby. I'm definitely enjoying all of the time I get to cuddle with Nolan. I know Ryan is too, because he's always telling me how much he loves to hold Nolan and kiss his cheeks. He says he's even a little glad when Nolan cries in his crib at night, because then he gets to pick him up and hold him for a little while. Isn't that sweet?!



Sitting in his Bumbo, waiting for smashed bananas


Still so small!

No comments:

Post a Comment